BP CHEMICALS (MALAYSIA) SDN BHD
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy.
This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Aromatics and Acetyls strategic performance unit (A&A SPU) sits within the Refining and Marketing segment of the BP Group. It is a global manufacturing and marketing petrochemicals business, with operations in Asia, Europe and the US.
Globally our Aromatics and Acetyls productions have leading proprietary technology in these areas, and benefit from strong positions in the established US and European markets and the growing Asian markets.
The A&A business comprises manufacturing sites in the US, Europe and Asia. There are 6 wholly-owned manufacturing sites in the US, Belgium, United Kingdom and Malaysia, and 7 joint-venture manufactory sites in China, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia and Taiwan. Specifically, Asia centered on China is the focal and strategic development region for A&A business.
- Provide technical support on daily issues to ensure smooth, uninterrupted operations, perform diagnostic analysis on equipment and improve equipment reliability, regardless of units and type of equipment – rotating and static
- Lead/participate in equipment failure analysis (RCFA) and execute modification required to improve reliability and reduce maintenance cost.
- Assist in pre-commissioning and commissioning plant systems to ensure smooth start-up condition
- Assist in equipment inspection and develop repair procedure TAR/shutdown to insure integrity of the equipment.
- Participate, contribute and support the plant HSSE initiatives as necessary to ensure a safe workplace. Control Of Work (COW) role – Performing Authority
- Involve in the area of Integrity Management such as Management Of Change (MOC), HAZOP, Engineering Assurance Procedures conformance, Constructability and Safety Review VIP etc.
- Involve in RBI (Risk based Inspection)
- Responsible for maintaining Certificate of Fitness for all DOSH (Department of Occupational Safety and Health) registered pressure vessels and exchangers to assure compliance with statutory regulations, by ensuring the expiry dates are monitored closely, and updating inspection records information for DOSH review.
- Engineer plant capital projects to improve operation and HSE.
- Understand and implement risk assessment (HITRA)
- Preparation of Approval for Expenditure and assist Purchasing Department in procuring of plant capital equipment as part of the capital spending control.
- Engineer plant capital projects as per BP’s Capital value process (CVP) to improve operations and HSE. Parts of the tasks are understanding basic accounting, financial justification calculation, review technical specifications, understanding manpower requirement, safety requirement and tools needed.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s / Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in Oil and Gas industry. Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
- Registered with Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in API 510, 570, 653
Interested candidates are invited to only apply online at :