Research Assistant Social Security Research Centre (SSRC) University of Malaya (UM)
Social Security Research Centre (SSRC) University of Malaya (UM) provide terms, conditions and specifications of the Job as Research Assistant which will be placed in Kuala Lumpur
Below are the complete of requirements, job specifications, schedule of interviews and addresses and contact (email or phone number) of The Company.
Social Security Research Centre (SSRC) University of Malaya (UM)
Tue, 11 Nov 2014 15:06:37 GMT
The Research Assistant is to provide research support to SSRC staff as part of a dynamic and international research team carrying out research projects in the field of Social Security. It is a full time formal position.
Appointment as an administrative intern can be also considered to enable the student to have an opportunity to use his/her academic background while learning new professional skills and to broaden his or her perspective.
A recognized undergraduate or master degree or comparable qualification in a relevant discipline.
Not a prerequsite but experience in research and report writing experience is an advantage.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills.
- Computer software knowledge such as Microsoft Office, knowledge of statistical packages such as Excel, SPSS, STATA (knowledge of other statistical software is an added advantage) and general Internet and electronic communications.
- Capacity and ability to learn work routines quickly, under the mentorship of SSRC Director, Chair holder, research fellows and relevant staff;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain records and inventories
- A good Interpersonal/human relation skills
Duties and Accountabilities
- The Research Assistant will work under the direction and supervision of the Director, research officer/manager/Chair holder/Research Fellows and assist them in carrying out SSRC research, training and outreach projects.
- Participating in the definition of research directions, preliminary analysis/ evaluation of project data and preparing draft reports, undertake literature searches, basic proof reading and editing work, produce written reports, tabulate data and prepare visual materials for research reports and presentations
- Manage data collection, data entry for projects, transcribing tapes and handwritten notes; meeting paper and electronic mailing deadlines, assist in the development and maintenance of SSRC Website, write and/or updates newsletter and posts to the website, promote the usage of technology to do these tasks more efficiently.
- Provides general office support, performs various clerical duties, participate in meetings, conferences, and training groups and perform any other task as directed by the Director.
- Manage, preserve and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
- Maintain the confidentiality of personal information
The Research Assistant appointment may be terminated on or before expiry of tenure under the following conditions:
The research assistant is subject to an ongoing process of evaluation by the director and/or other relevant staff of the Centre. This is a process that helps to identify strengths and weaknesses of the Research Assistant and to plan for improvement and reappointment.
Terms of Contract
Starting date: Immediately
Duration of contract: One year with the possibility of renewal of contract based on a satisfactory performance evaluation
Remuneration: RM1, 800.00 – RM4, 000.00 per month
Terms and Conditions of Employment:
Shall not accept any other appointment, or engage in private practice, professional work or employment whether paid or unpaid or receive commission or fees in other organizations or institutions in Malaysia without the prior permission of the appropriate University authority and the Malaysian Immigration Authority.
Professor Datuk Norma Mansor
Social Security Research Centre (SSRC)
Faculty of Economics and Administration
University of Malaya
Tel: +603-7967 3648
Fax: +603-7967 3775
If You interested and meet the requirements please submit your application immedietly :
To submit your application by online, click on the link labeled with Apply Click Here or Apply This Job at the bottom of this Job vacancy information. Hopefully you get your dream Job….!
- Kindly note that applying to this job also means that your application will be forwarded to employers with similar job vacancies available.
- If you do not wish for your resume to be forwarded to other employers, please do not apply to this job vacancy.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified