Head of Centre for English Language Education University of Nottingham Malaysia
University of Nottingham Malaysia provide terms, conditions and specifications of the Job as Head of Centre for English Language Education which will be placed in Selangor
Below are the complete of requirements, job specifications, schedule of interviews and addresses and contact (email or phone number) of The Company.
University of Nottingham Malaysia
Tue, 06 Jan 2015 16:13:44 GMT
Purpose of the Role:
The role holder will be expected to make a significant contribution to the work of the School’s English Language Education programmes and to scholarship in the area of English for Academic Purpose. They will provide effective leadership to the Centre for English Language Education and will be responsible for strategic development and planning, will represent CELE in the School and in the wider University and will liaise with the International Office and relevant external organisations.
The role holder will take responsibility for the quality assurance of CELE courses/programmes, the maintenance and enhancement of high quality teaching, and the ongoing curriculum development of English language programmes. They will work collaboratively with the Heads of CELE at the Ningbo and UK campuses to developing a whole-school, cross-university strategy for English language education and specifically English for Academic Purposes.
The role holder will have significant line management responsibilities including responsibility for the professional development of the team of CELE tutors. They will carry out annual reviews of CELE staff and will take a leading role in staffing and recruitment decisions.
- To lead on the design, development, and delivery of a range of courses/ programmes of study, within the area of English for Academic Purposes. This will include the development of new approaches, methodologies and techniques appropriate to English language education.
- To take responsibility for the quality of course delivery (both teaching and administration), ensuring compliance with the quality standards and regulations of the University and School and using qualitative data sets to inform quality enhancement and staff development.
- To develop new initiatives and business in the area of English language education that meet the needs of the University of Nottingham and external clients.
- To support and develop the scholarship activities of CELE staff by taking a leading role in promoting scholarship in English language education.
- To act as line manager and PDPR reviewer to CELE staff.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues at UNNC/MC and with the International Office in support of the further development of excellence and innovation in English for Academic and Other Purposes.
- To act as an external examiner/consultant to other HEIs offering English language education.
- To contribute to the development of teaching and learning policy in the School.
- To ensure the appropriate deployment of staffing resource, including delegation of academic leadership at course level, matching of expertise to School needs, and provision of individual development opportunities.
- To teach and assess on the School’s English language programmes, also participating in tutor observation.
- Postgraduate degree in English language education or equivalent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex information clearly.
- Ability to design and deliver innovative teaching and learning programmes
- Proven ability to provide effective leadership and management of both staff and students
- Proven ability to plan and deliver complex programmes that meet the needs of both the University of Nottingham and of external agencies such as the UKBA.
- Extensive teaching experience with an established reputation in the field of English language education
- A proven record of excellence in teaching; evidence of innovation in curriculum development, course design and course delivery; commitment to delivery of quality services to students.
- Extensive experience in developing and devising new teaching programmes, models, techniques and methods.
- Proven record of promoting and maintaining collaborative links with industry/business/ community.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Dr Ganakumaran Subramaniam, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
Applications, specifying the job being applied for, with current curriculum vitae, should be sent by email to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
*Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, you are advised to read and understand our Notice and Choice Principle Document. By submitting your detailed resume, you declare that you have read, understood and accepted our Notice and Choice Principle Document and have consented to providing your sensitive personal data to be processed by us.
Posted on 6th January 2015
If You interested and meet the requirements please submit your application immedietly :
To submit your application by online, click on the link labeled with Apply Click Here or Apply This Job at the bottom of this Job vacancy information. Hopefully you get your dream Job….!
- Kindly note that applying to this job also means that your application will be forwarded to employers with similar job vacancies available.
- If you do not wish for your resume to be forwarded to other employers, please do not apply to this job vacancy.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified